Making LinkedIn FUN!
As fun as rules can be.
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated;
- Use your real name on your profile; and
- Use the services in a professional manner.
- Create a false identity on LinkedIn, misrepresent your identity, create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself ( a real person ), or use or attempt to use another's account:
- Even someone else's picture
Overlay or otherwise modify the Services or their appearance (such as by inserting elements into the Services or removing, covering, or obscuring an advertisement included on the Services);
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms); and/or
- Develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots, or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, or any other technology) to scrape the Services or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the Services;
- Override any security feature or bypass or circumvent any access controls or use limits of the Service (such as caps on keyword searches or profile views);
- Copy, use, disclose or distribute any information obtained from the Services, whether directly or through third parties (such as search engines), without the consent of LinkedIn;
- Disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer):
- Violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights. For example, do not copy or distribute (except through the available sharing functionality) the posts or other content of others without their permission, which they may give by posting under a Creative Commons license;
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of LinkedIn, including, without limitation, (i) copying or distributing our learning videos or other materials or (ii) copying or distributing our technology, unless it is released under open source licenses; (iii) using the word “LinkedIn” or our logos in any business name, email, or URL except as provided in the Brand Guidelines;
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology that is not open source;
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by LinkedIn without our express consent (e.g., representing yourself as an accredited LinkedIn trainer);
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell or otherwise monetize the Services or related data or access to the same, without LinkedIn’s consent;
- Deep-link to our Services for any purpose other than to promote your profile or a Group on our Services, without LinkedIn’s consent;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access the Services, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages;
- Monitor the Services’ availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services.